Housing and Residence Life


We are no longer accepting applications
for the 2018-19 RA/IM Positions

Please have your references fill out the online or print references form.
Online RA/IM Reference Form
Print Reference Form (pdf)

* References are not required, but recommended. *
* Paper Applications are also available at the Housing Office front-desk. * 

Student Employment for Housing

Housing and Residence Life offers a number of opportunities for students to work on campus. These positions are open to all domestic and most international Edmonds CC or CWU-Lynnwood students. Former international students on OPT status may also be eligible. The most common student positions with Housing and Residence Life are either as a Resident Assistant or International Mentor. Both of these positions are designated as "live-in" jobs meaning you must live in either homestay or one of the Residence Halls. We do occasionally hire students for part-time hourly positions such as Front Desk or Office Assistant.

Resident Assistants (RA)

View the full Resident Assistant Job Description

RAs live in one of the Edmonds CC Residence Halls (Rainier Place, Sophie Court, or Spencer Court). Their primary job is to build and maintain community amongst residents. This includes lots of fun stuff like social activities and events, but it also includes serious responsibility including sharing an rotating on-call schedule with other RAs at your building.  Being on call may involve sitting at a front desk during evening hours, checking out equipment for the community room, responding to student concerns, and enforcing policy with residents. In return, RAs receive free housing in their assigned residence hall and have a great opportunity to develop student leadership and other professional skills and experience.

International Mentors (IM)

View the full International Mentor Job Description

IMs help support all international students living in in our Homestay Program. IMs play an important role in extending the college’s mission and values to our international Homestay students in order to keep them connected to campus and help foster their success.  IMs also partner with the RAs in the Residence Halls to coordinate our Living Learning Communities. IMs are also considered "live-in" staff, but they do not have on-call duties in the same way as RAs.  Instead, IMs are assigned a group of new students each quarter and are expected to keep in regular contact with them. Additionally, mentees will frequently contact IMs via email, chat, or other social media for assistance so even though IMs do not have an on call phone or keep on call desk hours, you will have frequent contact with mentees outside of normal business hours.   In return, IMs also receive free housing with a homestay family or in one of the residence halls and have a great opportunity to develop student leadership and other professional skills and experience.

Any openings for professional level Exempt or Classified positions will be listed on Edmonds CC's employment web site.