Things to do with Friends While Social Distancing
- Google Hangout Meet
- House Party App
- Netflix Party (Pair with Discord/Google Meet/Skype/Zoom) to chat while watching
- Choose your platform from the virtual tools suggested
- Make it official with a custom invitation:
- Canva.com is a free design tool that makes this easy!
- Make a fun dress code.
- For example, a fun hat, fun t-shirt, formal dress, costume party, etc.
- Plan an activity and email invitees beforehand.
- Make a series of fun questions for everyone to answer. It’s hard for everyone to talk at the same time virtually, so organized activities make a party more organized and last longer!
Combine Netflix Party App (Chrome Extension) and Discord or preferred audio app for an instant virtual gathering!
Here’s a free online tool for the rules, keeping score, and timing!
Here is a good site for a little bit of laughter to brighten up your day!
Recommendations: F Minus by Tony Carillo, Sarah’s Scribbles by Sarah Anderson, and Pearls Before Swine by Stephan Pastis.
OIP staff recommendations:
- Hidden Brain (Psychology in Everyday Life)
- This American Life (Stories from Around the US)
- Wait,Wait... Don’t Tell Me (Comedic Game Show about US News)
- Serial (True Crime)
- The Thing About Pam (True Crime)
- I Think You’re Dope (Celebrity/K Pop)
- Go for a socially distant walk, run, or bike ride! Stay up to 6 feet away from others and we encourage you to go somewhere that is not very busy and wear a mask if able!
- Follow along with a dance choreography! Celebrity dancer tWitch updates his Instagram with fun dance moves.