ONLINE AND IN-PERSON ADVISING FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - THE CHOICE IS YOURS!
We are offering both online and in-person advising for all international students. OIP advisors can assist with class registration, program plans, transferring to a university, visa questions, letter requests, I-20 signatures, advising, university transfer, immigration, and more! You can also schedule an appointment with Admissions staff to learn how to apply to the college, or someone on our Finance team to answer questions about how to pay tuition or use your Health Insurance!
Schedule an Appointment
Select the OIP staff (Advising, Admissions, or Fiscal) that you would like to meet with and then answer the questions to set up the appointment. You will be asked if you would like to meet in-person, through Google Meet (preferred communication) or by phone.
ADVISING AVAILABILITY: If you are unable to find a convenient time or if you would like to request one that meets your timezone needs (earlier or later), please contact OIP Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org. OIP staff will reply to you by email within 24 hours, Monday through Friday.
You will then receive a confirmation email with directions in your Triton email or the email address you used to create the appointment.
Please call 425.640.1518 or email email@example.com in order to be able to make an in-person appointment.
- Google Meet is a video conference tool (similar to Skype or FaceTime). Make sure you have a microphone and speaker or wear headphones. You do not need to turn on your video camera if you don’t want to.
- You will receive a Google Calendar Invite with a link for “Join Google Hangouts Meet." You will also receive this link in your reminder email.
- Before your appointment make sure you have Google Meet ready.
- Phone: Download the Google Meet app on your android or iPhone. Using the app - sign into your Google Account with your EdMail log-in and password.
- Computer: No need to download anything.
- At your appointment date and time, open the Google Calendar invite or reminder email you received and click on the Join Google Meet link to video conference with your advisor.
- Be sure to provide your correct phone number.
- At the date and time of your appointment, the advisor will call you at the number you provided.
- The number may show up as “unknown caller.” If you miss the first call the advisor will immediately call you back a second time. It is incredibly important you answer because you may not be able to call the advisor back if they are using an online calling service.
Please be on time to your online appointment. Remember to click on the "Join Google Meet" link provided to you in your reminder email.
Advisors will wait 5 minutes before logging off on Google Meet or for a second phone call attempt. You will receive an email about the missed online appointment.
Before you schedule an advising appointment, check out these short videos below to see if they will answer your questions.
- Applying for Scholarships: Learn about OIP Merit Scholarships and Foundation scholarships.
- OIP Forms: Do you need an F1 Visa support letter? Enrollment verification? Letter for a family member to visit? Then you need to fill out an OIP Letter Request. Are you going back to your home country? Are you graduating? Then you need to fill out a Student Status Report. Learn more by watching this video!
- University Transfer Checklist: Graduating soon? Learn about your next steps in preparing for university transfer.
- Researching Universities: Not sure where to go after graduation? Learn about College Board and how to use it to research careers and universities.
- Looking for University Scholarships: Learn where to find university type scholarships and fund your university transfer.
- Career Action Center Resources: Do you need help applying for a job? Filling out a resume? Learn more about the resources available to you.
Looking for a High School advisor?
Please use this link.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to on-line appointments, we are beginning to offer in-person services
by appointment startiing Sept. 7. Visit edmonds.edu/international/fall2021 for more information.
Office Hours for Fall 2021:
Mondays: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesdays: 9 a.m.-7 p.m. (5-7 p.m. online only)
Wednesdays: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursdays: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Fridays: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Mondays-Thursdays: 10:30-11:30 a.m. and 3-4:30 p.m.
Fridays: 10:30-11:30 a.m.
For questions about in-person appointments, email email@example.com.
Schedule an appointment