GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES COURSES AND INTERNSHIPS | VIRTUAL
Discover an international perspective and develop intercultural experiences through USAC’s variety of online programs, including Virtual Internships, workshop videos, and blogs.
Students who complete a USAC Global Perspectives Program are eligible for USAC's Returning Student Discount towards a future USAC Specialty Program abroad.
Gain valuable career experience working remotely for an internationally-based company through a Virtual Internship in popular industries such as digital marketing, business, event planning, media, English language instruction, translation, and more. Virtual Internships include an online course component where students learn how culture is reflected in the workplace and develop skills necessary for success in the global workforce.
Global Perspective participants from all online courses and Virtual Internships will come together throughout the program to join our resident directors and staff in a series of fun and interactive virtual workshops on topics such as Italian cooking, yoga in India, Latin dance, or Ghanaian art. (Topics vary by term.) You will also attend a series of online career development panels on subjects like cross-cultural teamwork or pursuing an international career.
Fall: September to Mid December
Spring: Mid January to Mid May
Summer: June to Early August
- Are at least 18 years old at the time of application
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Will have sophomore standing or higher at the time of the internship
- A personal interview is required.
When you apply for a USAC Program, a coordinator for the program from USAC will reach out to the Edmonds College for approval. Our office will require an advising appointment if you have not had one yet.
Please note that students that have been sanctioned by the college are disqualified from applying to, or participating in, an Edmonds College study abroad program.
Fall: Application Here (Due May 15)
Spring: Application Here (Due November 1)
Summer: Application Here (Due May 15)
During this 3-credit internship, you can conduct work in a number of popular career fields including:
- Arts and Culture
- Computer Science and IT
- Digital Marketing
- Event planning
- Electrical/Control Engineering
- English-Language Instruction
- Grant-Writing and Crowd Funding
- Health and Wellness
- Journalism and Communications
- NGO and Social Services
- Research - Health Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences, Sciences
USAC offers virtual internships related to your preferred career field, but cannot guarantee placement with a particular internship provider. As part of the interview and placement process students, resident directors and internship supervisors will develop an internship contract that specifies the work to be completed and weekly work schedule.
PROGRAM FEES: For 2022 Below
- 3-credit academic internship
- Placement assistance and support
- Global perspectives internship seminar online
- Virtual internship supervision
- Access to Office 365 for duration of the internship
- Complementary online cultural workshops and presentations