Printing With Your EdPass
Use your EdPass to print in campus computer labs. Your EdPass is loaded with $1.25 in complimentary printing each quarter, and then it costs $.05 per black and white page and $.15 per color page to print after that. You can reload your EdPass at deposit stations located around campus. Learn more:
Note: There are no rollover pages. The free pages loaded on to your EdPass are for that quarter only.
Computer Lab Locations
Note: Color printing is only available in the Library.
Need an EdPass?
Visit the EdPass information page to obtain your first EdPass which is issued to students for free.
Before you begin
You must have the following ready:
- Triton ID
- Note: This is not your ctcLink ID. Triton ID Setup Instructions
- Note: Be sure that you have sufficient funds to cover your printing. Registered students receive $1.25 (25 black/white pages) of complimentary printing every quarter.
- Log in to an Edmonds College student computer using your Triton ID Username and Triton Access Password
- Open the file you would like to print
- Start the print process (typically clicking on File then Print, or pressing CTRL+P)
- Click on Print
- Proceed to the Print Release Station (PRS) and sign in with your Triton ID Username and Triton Access Password
- Swipe your EdPass on the card stripe reader next to the printer (Do not swipe too fast/slow so your card can be recognized)
- The PRS will display your print job(s), the page count, and amount to be charged to the card. Here, you may release the print jobs you’d like to send to the printer.
NOTE: After signing in to the PRS for the first time, you only need to swipe your card to log in to the PRS for future visits.
If you don’t have an EdPass, you can buy a community card at one of the kiosks and use it to print. But, you only get free pages with an EdPass.
Use the community card to print and buy things on campus (at the College Store and Triton Espresso, for example). Treat the card like cash — there’s no replacement if it’s lost, damaged, or stolen. However, the card expires after 24 months of inactivity — any unused balance will be donated to the Edmonds College Foundation. Swipe the card at any print station or kiosk to check the balance. You may add funds to the community card. However, keep the amounts fairly low in case it gets lost. The card may only be used for purchases and is not redeemable for cash. See the complete list of terms and conditions here.
The $.05 per black and white page and $.15 per color page fee covers the costs of paper, toner, printer maintenance, replacement printers, and other printing equipment. No, these costs aren’t covered by your student technology fees, which pay for many one-time technology investments, and partially fund computer lab support and lab maintenance, operation, and equipment.
Think it will be too expensive to print?
Prior to Edmonds College’s pay-for-print system, the average person printed 84 pages per quarter.
Under the pay-for-print system if you use your EdPass, you will get $1.25 in complimentary printing (equal to 25 black and white pages) to use for each quarter.
Black and white page costs:
- If you use your EdPass, and print 25 pages or less, you will not pay for printing!
- If you use your EdPass, and print 50 pages or less, you will pay $1.25 or less.
- If you use your EdPass, and print 100 pages or less, you will pay $ 3.75 or less.
If money is tight and you feel you cannot afford to print what is needed for your classes, we can help by providing more free pages!
- Please come to the labs in Alderwood Hall at least a week before you feel you might run out of free pages on your EdPass.
- You will need to fill out a form to request the number of pages you feel you need in order to complete your class work for the remainder of the quarter.
- You instructors will verify the number of pages requested is appropriate for the classes and sign the form
- Once the completed form is returned to us we will be able to add up to $10 in free printing to your EdPass within 2 business days.