Advising for Student Success
Academic Advising educates students as they navigate the world of higher education; providing support for articulation and achievement of their educational and career goals, and by creating an environment for personal transformation, lifelong learning, and success.
Virtual Advising Front Desk (via Zoom)
We are serving students remotely during Summer 2021. To reach the advising office, you can:
- Reach someone live via our Zoom Front Desk Lobby (just click on Advising Front Desk below). The advising front desk lobby is both for general questions and to speak to advisors during advisor’s drop-in hours (See drop-in hours below)
- Leave us a voicemail at 425.640.1458 [voicemails are returned same-day and will not show caller ID]
- Email us at email@example.com
Working Remotely Summer Quarter:
Advising Front Desk Hours (July 9-Sept. 3):
Operation/Front Desk hours:
Mon.-Thurs.: 8 a.m.-5 p.m
Mon.-Thurs.: 8:30-10:30 a.m. and 2-4:30 p.m
Drop-in capacity is adjusted based on the volume of students.
New (or Prospective) Students
Will you be a new student or just applied and have questions about your next steps in enrolling? Please join us, where our Triton Entry Navigators can assist you with the New Student Checklist.
Wed. and Thurs.: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
To access the Triton Entry Navigator's zoom room (live video chat), click the green button below.Connect to
Triton Entry Navigators
- New Student Checklist
- Setting up New Student Advising Sessions
- Phone or Zoom appointment: email email@example.com or leave a voicemail at 425.640.1260. When leaving a voicemail, please clearly state your name, student ID number, email, and telephone. VM's will be returned from a unknown number.
- Financial Aid
- Class Schedule
- Tuition Deadlines and Payment
An Advisor Can Help You:
- understand course requirements,
- navigate the campus and connect to resources,
- explore career training programs,
- learn about transferring to a 4-year college or university,
- determine how to finish your degree,
- understand the graduation process.
Be Prepared to Speak With an Advisor:
Your advisor (academic or faculty) will have the opportunity to give you more valuable information if you come prepared. When you come in, please have the following documents with you:
- Class Schedule: courses you are currently registered for
- Unofficial Transcript: for all colleges attended
- Program Requirement Sheet: filled in with courses you have completed towards your degree/certificate
- Official Credit Evaluation: if one has been done
- Any academic/career planning you have done
How to get advising
There are many advising opportunities available. From admission to graduation students are encouraged to meet with an advisor every quarter.
New students are welcomed to Edmonds College with a New Student Advising (NSA) session. During NSA, an advisor will help you to understand your placements, connect your strengths and goals with Edmonds College programs of study, and teach you how to register for classes online. Check out the NSA schedule online.
Students will learn more about their program of study in a program specific advising session. Advising sessions are open to prospective, new and continuing students. During a session, an advisor will lead discussion about your program of study/academic department, answer group questions, and provide time for individual academic advising. You will meet fellow peers in your program and plan your next steps! Check out the current schedule online.
Faculty advisors bring valuable expertise related to programs of study, courses, university programs, and the job market. They are invaluable as mentors for students and they can provide insight into course content and course selection. Check in with the Advising Resource Center to see if your faculty advisors are currently offering advising.
*Students on a non-immigrant visa (F-1) who have applied through Office of International Programs will participate in a separate orientation and advising schedule. Please visit edmonds.edu/international for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org