Join, Lead, or Start a Student
Organization at Edmonds College!
Join, lead, or start a club, association, affinity group, chapter, and more! It is an easy and fun way to get engaged in campus life and build your network. Share and discover new interests with fellow students, refine your people skills, and bulk your resume. Take a look at the student organizations that Edmonds College has to offer.
Fall Quarter 2021 Info Sessions
Are you interested in starting your own Student Organization at Edmonds College? Learn more about how to get prepared, the chartering process, and tips to be successful. Register for an Info Session via our Student Organizations Database -> Sign-Up for an Info or Training Session.
Info Sessions Date(s)
- Info Session: Monday 10/11, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.; CSCDI (Brier 154)
- Info Session: Monday 10/11, 1:15 p.m. to 2 p.m.; Virtual
- Info Session: Thursday 10/14, 12:30 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.; CSCDI (Brier 154)
- Info Session: Friday 10/15, 2 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.; Virtual
Training Sessions Date(s)
- Training Session: Thursday 10/7, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.; Virtual
- Training Session: Friday 10/8, 1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.; Virtual
- Training Session: Friday 10/8, 2:15 p.m. to 3 p.m.; Virtual
- Training Session: Thursday 10/14, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.; CSCDI (Brier 154)
Wondering what was available last year? Take a look at the (2020-2021) chartered student organizations list below. If one catches your attention, feel free to reach out to the Student Orgs. Team for further guidance or possible information on the student group, the previous leaders, or advisors.
Don't see a currently chartered student organization you're interested in? Why not start your own? Follow these steps below to get started:
- Read and review the Student Organizations Checklist to familiarize yourself with the timeline and process to charter.
- Find one (1) more student (a minimum of two (2) students is required to charter)* with similar goals, interests, or social identity to start the student organization,
and find a minimum of (1) Advisor(s).
- Fill out the 2021-2022 Yearly Consitution and collect all of the Student Officers most current class schedule. You will need
these documents to upload when applying to charter.
- Fill out an Chartering Application through our Student Organizations Database. Wait for an “Approval” email from the Coordinators Team.
- Complete the Student Officer Training by completing one of two options** below:
A) Register for a Student Officer Training to learn the policies, regulations, and possibilities of being a club/affinity group. OR
B) Review the Student Officer Training Presentation, then complete the required Student Organization Quiz with a minimum score of 22.
Once you have completed these steps you'll be a chartered student organization. For
more information, please refer to the 2021-2022 ASEC Student Organizations Handbook or contact a Student Orgs. Coordinator.
*If you do not have a total of two (2) students to charter, please email email@example.com to inquire about token placements. Token Placements will help you fill in your missing positions with our CSEL staff. They will act as your temporary officer(s) until you can fulfill those empty seats.)
**New, First-time students and the president must complete the training. If you have returning student officers, please let the Student Orgs Team know as they are exempt.
Fall Charter Begins - Monday, September 20th, 2021
Student Organizations Fair - Wednesday, October 20th, 2021
Last Day to Get Chartered & Receive Allocation - Friday, November 5th, 2021
Winter Quarterly Report Due - Friday, November 29th, 2021
Already chartered? Here are the important forms we covered over during the Initial Trainings. If you have any questions regarding these forms, please contact the Student Orgs. Team.
- Planning an event or meeting? Be sure to submit the CSEL Request Form at least 10 to 14 Business Days before your event/meeting.
- Is there going to be club funded food during the event? If the answer is yes, please
fill out this Food Purchase Justification Form and collect Agreement Signatures if less than 50 people consumes food and/or drinks during the event.
- If your organization is planning on doing a fundraiser, be sure to fill out and submit
the Fundraiser Request Form at least least 10 to 14 Business Days before you plan
on holding the fundraiser event.
- Conducting an activity that might pose a risk? Have each participating members sign
a Student Release Form and give to your advisor.
- Student Organizations are expected to submit the Student Organization Quarterly Report through our Student Organizations Database by the first day of finals of the curretn quarter to maintain active chartered status.
- Looking for additional funds to help support your student group's activities, events, or program? Fill out the Student Organization Funding Requst Form in its entirety. (Max: $500 over the course of one (1) academic year. [Summer through Spring])
CSEL Student Org. Team Contact Information
Ahmad Hilal Abid
Student Organization Coordinator
Assistant Director of CSEL|CSCDI