Your Student Email
EdMail is how the college communicates with you! As a Google campus, Edmonds College
students will receive a Gmail account used for college communications. All important
information from the college — about enrollment, financial aid, classes, etc. — is sent
through your EdMail account. We do not use your personal email. Visit our FAQ for
EdMail accounts become active 24-48 hours after registering for a course greater
than 0.0 credits.
Once the account is active, follow these steps:
- Log in to the EdMail Account Management Tool.
- Sign in using your 9-digit SID (ex. 95XXXXXXX) and your PIN (default is birthdate in 6-digit form. MMDDYY ex. September 1, 2011 = 090111)
- Once logged in, please record your displayed EdMail address and keep it in a secure location.
- Set your EdMail password.
- Log in!
Important Information about your EdMail
Your @edmail.edcc.edu email account is automatically loaded into Canvas and the
Financial Aid system, replacing your personal email address. All email sent via Canvas
and from Financial Aid, including mail sent from instructors, will go to students' EdMail
addresses. You are responsible for communications sent to this address. Your Canvas
login will not be affected.
EdMail is the official means of communication between Edmonds College
and our students. Our goal is to provide a reliable and secure email address for important
college business, such as emergency communications, communicating with your instructors
and student government, and contacting financial aid or enrollment services.
Benefits to Students
- Unlimited storage
- Easy-to-use interface
- Powerful security features, including virus scanning and spam filters
- Access to educational discounts on software through .edu email address
- Keeps your school and personal communication separate
EdMail Also Gives you Access Online Applications
- Google Docs/Sheets/Slides - Create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
online. Collaborate on group projects in the same documents in real time. Access these
online documents from any computer, anywhere.
- Google Calendar - Keep track of appointments and tasks.
- Google Sites - Create unlimited sites to manage and share your work.
- The Help Desk provides general technical support and assistance with most campus
technology. Contact the Help Desk at 425.640.1234 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- START (Student Technology Advice and Resource Team) provides Edmonds College students
drop-in technology assistance and an online knowledge base providing self-paced tutorials
and troubleshooting. Contact email@example.com, call 425.640.1101, or visit the Virtual Support Live Chat page.