Facing Food insecurity?
We know you can't do your best in class on an empty stomach and we want to help you succeed!
The Edmonds College Food Pantry is located in the Olympic Building (see map below). The food pantry is a free service available to Edmonds College students and employees experiencing food insecurity.
At the food pantry, students and staff will be able to pick up food and personal hygiene supplies. Items typically available include: non-perishable food items such as canned food, pastas, grains, dried fruits and other shelf-stable items.
The Edmonds College Food Pantry is funded in part by the Campus Green Fund, sponsored by the Associated Students of Edmonds College. The Campus Green Fund provides resources to further the Sustainability Initiative on campus with awards to students, staff, and faculty for projects that model environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable practices in the campus community.
Thanks to our many other supporters including: Edmonds College Foundation, Verdant Health Commission, Edmonds College Office of Equity and Inclusion , Lynnwood Food Bank, Edmonds Food Bank, Molina Healthcare, Garneau-Nicon Foundation, Maytag Just Like Home Laundromat, Local Union 4254, City of Lynnwood, Chef Dane, SSEH Grant, Farmer Frog, EC Merchant's of Hope Club, Nourishing Network, Edmonds College students, faculty, and staff, and many others.
- All students and employees must have a current EdPass to access the Food Pantry.
- Students and staff can utilize the pantry no more than once a week
- Each person must be present to receive supplies.
Food Pantry Hours of Operation for Fall QuarterTuesday: 3-6 p.m.
Wednesday; 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Thursday: 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
See hours below for more details and specific times.
*Hours subject to change. For emergency food access during off hours, or for access to Laundromat Vouchers, please contact Stewart Sinning at email@example.com
The Food Pantry provides resources at the Olympic Building on the dates and times listed on our calendar.
Students, please bring your EdPass when you visit. Photos or copies of your Edpass are not accepted. We are not able to verify that you are a current student without your Edpass even if you know your number. Thank you for your understanding.
Please enter on the east side of the Olympic Building.
- Due to limited resources, you may only visit the food pantry once per week (This limit does not include the Lynnwood Food Bank truck on Thursdays)
- Food and hygiene products are for students and staff who are dealing with food insecurity and are not meant to stock your shelves during this time. If you don't need this food, please consider leaving these resources for those who need it.
- During our closed times, please check the local food banks listed in at the bottom of this page or visit the resources listed on the right sidebar.
We will update the information on this page regularly to keep you posted on any changes.
Need other resources?
A 2-1-1 Community Resource Advocate is here to help / Coordinador de recursos comunitarios esta aquí para ayudar
Edmonds College and Verdant has collaborated to bring a 2-1-1 Community Resource Advocate (CRA) to campus. The 2-1-1 CRA is bilingual in English and Spanish and serves as a single point of contact for South Snohomish community members to learn about various college and community resources and assistance via phone and in one-on-one meetings with students and community members.
The 2-1-1 CRA's office is in the Olympic Building at the same location as the food pantry.
At this time, our 211 Navigator is unavailable, please call 211 to learn about services.
Need help and do not know where to turn?
If you live in Snohomish County and are in need of help due to an emergency, have multiple service needs, are struggling to advocate on your own behalf, or are unable to find the help you need, the 2-1-1 CRA could help with rent assistance, job training, food, shelter, or support groups.
View the Volunteers of America North Sound 2-1-1 brochure to learn more about these services.
Si necesita ayuda con el alquiler, los servicios públicos, los recursos alimenticios, asesoramiento, teléfonos celulares gratuitos, la asistencia con recetas médicas u otras necesidades, su Coordinador de Recursos Comunitarios (CRA) de North Sound 2-1-1 puede ayudarlo.
Edmonds College Food Pantry Services Satisfaction Survey
The purpose of this survey is to get a better understanding of how the visitors at the Edmonds College Food Pantry feel about the services the pantry provides. We will use this information to better serve our students and campus population. Your survey answers will be kept confidential.
The Lynnwood Food Bank Truck is on campus every Thursday, 1-3 p.m. at the Olympic Building parking lot on north campus.
The Lynnwood Food Bank Truck will be distributing food to Edmonds College students and employees experiencing food insecurity. The truck will be parked in the Olympic Building parking lot. See parking lot map
Typical foods that will be distributed will consist of:
- Canned and dry goods
- Fresh fruit
- Fresh vegetables
- Potatoes, onions
- Did you know that Edmonds College is a Community Partner with Washington Connections, a web-based benefit portal where people can learn about and apply for a broad array of services and benefits online such as: food, cash and medical assistance, child care subsidies and more? If you would like assistance with answering questions, navigating the website or completing and submitting the online application, please contact Kama Lemay at 425.640.1909 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.washingtonconnections.org.
- List of additional food banks in the Snohomish County area.
- Food Assistance Resources Interactive Map. This includes food banks, farmers markets
that accept WIC & SeniorFMNP and/or double SNAP/EBT dollars, school meal sites, youth
backpack programs, and senior meal programs.
Many programs have changed days and hours of operation and some are no longer active during this time. We are doing our best to update the map, as necessary, every two weeks to ensure information is current.
- Edmonds Food Bank
- Lynnwood Food Bank
- Mountlake Terrace Food Bank