International Assistant and leader Programs
The Programs are Back!
Winter Application Opens Nov. 15.
International Assistant and Leader Program Dates:
- Application Opens: Nov. 15
- Application Deadline: Nov. 28
- Interviews: Dec. 6 and 7
- Training: Dec. 17
- Orientation Date: Dec. 30
To apply for the International Leader Program, please email email@example.com
What is the International Assistant Program?
- A volunteer opportunity for students of Edmonds to help new international students during Orientation.
- It is a great chance for students to gain cultural awareness, make new friends, and gain hands-on leadership experience.
What is the International Leader Program?
- A volunteer opportunity for students who previously participated in the International Assistant program to gain a higher level of volunteer experience.
- This application is more rigorous but is a priceless experience to use for future job opportunities on and off campus.
- Students will lead a group of International Assistants through their tasks.
- Students will work with the OIP Programming team to help navigate the different challenges that occur during orientation.
Things to Know Before You Apply:
- All program participants will receive a certificate, volunteer hours, and demonstrated leadership experience to enhance their resume and help prepare students for future opportunities on campus and in the community.
- International Assistants are required to attend a 1 day training, 1-3 days of orientation and a post-orientation celebration.
- International Leaders are required to attend a 1 pre-training orientation, assist in International Assistant training, 1-3 days of orientation and a post-orientation celebration.
- All participants are expected to be friendly and helpful to every international student despite their origin, age, sex, religion, cultural background etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I apply?
The applications usually open in the middle of each quarter for the upcoming orientation. Please check your student email frequently or see the dates above.
What happens after I apply?
We will review all of the applications after the program deadline. Late applications will not be reviewed. We will send you an email if you will be invited to an interview or not. Please come on time and dress appropriately for your interview.
Am I guaranteed acceptance into the program?
It is impossible for us to accept all students who apply due to the large number of applicants. If you don’t get selected when you apply, you will be encouraged to apply again next quarter. We consider how many times a candidate has applied and interviewed when making our selections.
Do I need any kind of experience before I apply for the IA or IL program?
No prior experience is required for the program. This program is designed to be a first step to gain experience for those who would like to be involved on campus. It is also a great way for you to gain leadership experience for your resume and have fun while doing so.
If I am selected, how do I know what I am supposed to do during orientation week?
We will provide training for all participants and the whole orientation process will be explained in detail.
If I have been an IA or IL before, can I apply again?
If you have been an IA before, we encourage you to apply to the IL program to build on your leadership experience and make room for new students to experience the IA program. If you have been an IL before, we encourage you to apply again. As with the IA program, we would like to let as many students as possible have the opportunity, but our applicant pool is much smaller than for IA, so please apply again if you are interested!
For questions or concerns, please email OIP Programming at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 425.640.1399.