Facing Food insecurity?
For the health and safety of our community, spring quarter will be mostly online (with some exceptions for hands-on classes). Check out the Food Pantry schedule below!
During the public closure, the food pantry will provide resources at the Center for Student Cultural Diversity and Inclusion (CSCDI), Brier 154, on the dates and times listed on our calendar below.
Edmonds College Food Pantry Services Satisfaction Survey
The purpose of this survey is to get a better understanding of how the visitors at the Edmonds College Food Pantry feel about the services the pantry provides. We will use this information to better serve our students and campus population. Your survey answers will be kept confidential.
We are hiring!
The Food Pantry is now accepting applications for student assistants to work in the Edmonds College Food Pantry for the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
The Edmonds College Food Pantry Assistant supports the EC Food Pantry by operating the food pantry during open hours. This includes opening and closing, assisting students, stocking, taking inventory among other duties. We offer flexibility in work schedules and positions are work-study eligible.
New to the Edmonds College Food Pantry?
Check out our new video that walks you through a typical visit to the food pantry.
Lynnwood Food Bank Truck on campus every Thursday, 1-3 p.m.!
The Lynnwood Food Bank Truck will be distributing food to Edmonds CC students and employees experiencing food insecurity. The truck will be parked in parking lot E. See parking lot map
Typical foods that will be distributed will consist of:
- Canned and dry goods
- Fresh fruit
- Fresh vegetables
- Potatoes, onions
- Social distancing and face masks will be required.
- This is an outdoor distribution, please check the weather and plan accordingly. We will not be able to provide overhead protection if it rains.
We know you can't do your best in class on an empty stomach and we want to help you succeed!
The Edmonds College Food Pantry, located in the Center for Student Cultural Diversity and Inclusion (Brier 154), is a free service available to Edmonds College students and employees experiencing food needs.
At the Center for Student Cultural Diversity and Inclusion, students and staff will be able to:
- Pick up a grocery bag of food and personal hygiene supplies. Items typically available include: non-perishable food items such as canned food, pastas, grains, dried fruits and other shelf-stable items
- Access WiFi in the parking lot
Please bring your EdPass when you come. Please check in on the east side of Brier Hall (next to the bookstore)
- Due to limited resources, you may only visit the food pantry once per week (not including the food truck on Thursdays)
- Food and hygiene products are for students and staff who are dealing with food insecurity and are not meant to stock your shelves during this time. If you don't need this food, please consider leaving these resources for those who need it.
- Social distancing measures will be strictly enforced. Please be patient while waiting for others to utilize these resources.
During our closed times, please check the local food banks listed in at the bottom of this page or visit the resources listed on the right sidebar.
We will update the information on this page regularly to keep you posted on any changes.
The Edmonds College Food Pantry is funded in part by the Campus Green Fund, sponsored by the Associated Students of Edmonds College. The Campus Green Fund provides resources to further the Sustainability Initiative on campus with awards to students, staff, and faculty for projects that model environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable practices in the campus community.
Thanks to our many other supportors including: Edmonds College Foundation, Office of Equity and Inclusion , Lynnwood Food Bank, Edmonds Food Bank, Molina Healthcare, Garneau-Nicon Foundation, Maytag Just Like Home Laundromat, Local Union 4254, City of Lynnwood, Verdant Health Commission, Chef Dane, SSEH Grant, Farmer Frog, EdC Merchant's of Hope Club, Nourishing Network, Edmonds College students, faculty, and staff, and many others.
- All students and employees must have a current EdPass to access the Food Pantry.
- All students must follow all COVID19 training and health screenings as required and noted above.
- Students and staff can utilize the pantry no more than once a week
- Everyone who uses the pantry must sign a disclaimer that releases Edmonds College from liability.
- Each person must be present to receive supplies.
See schedule below
Please note: Information provided in your health screening is confidential and will be kept private; however, per the governor’s order, it is required in the event it is needed for contact tracing.
See hours below for more details and specific times.
*Hours subject to change. For emergency food access during off hours, or for access to Laundromat Vouchers, please go to the Center for Student Cultural Diversity and Inclusion (CSCDI), located in Brier 154 or contact Stewart Sinning at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Did you know that Edmonds College is a Community Partner with Washington Connections, a web-based benefit portal where people can learn about and apply for a broad array of services and benefits online such as: food, cash and medical assistance, child care subsidies and more? If you would like assistance with answering questions, navigating the website or completing and submitting the online application, please contact Kama Lemay at 425.640.1909 or email email@example.com or go to www.washingtonconnections.org.
- List of additional food banks in the Snohomish County area.
- Food Assistance Resources Interactive Map. This includes food banks, farmers markets
that acceptWIC & SeniorFMNP and/or double SNAP/EBT dollars, school meal sites, youth
backpack programs, and senior meal programs.
Many programs have changed days and hours of operation and some are no longer active during this time. We are doing our best to update the map, as necessary, every two weeks to ensure information is current.
- Edmonds Food Bank
- Lynnwood Food Bank
- Mountlake Terrace Food Bank